Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Should I go to college out of state? or in state?

ok. here's the deal....

I will be going to college in 2 years when I graduate high school.I live in Houston Texas. I don't know for sure what I want to major in but I am interested in being a nurse(I volunteer at hospitals in the medical center). I have been looking into going out of state for college because I am tired of Texas.

places I am considering: in no particular order

Salt lake city, Utah

Las Vegas, Nevada

Denver, Colorado

Seattle, Washington

NYC

Boston , Massachusetts

Phoenix , Arizona

somewhere in California

Portland, Oregon

Anchorage, Alaska

I want to move out of state because I want to be independent and I want to explore different places and live in different places. I don't want to end up like those people who are afraid to leave the place they have lived their entire life.

I will be hopefully graduating college in 6-7 years (counting the two left in high school) so I hope the job market will be better. If I go to college in state I will probably stay in Houston or go to Dallas, I would be going to Dallas for their nursing program and would hopefully get a job at parkland hospital and if I stay in Houston I want to get a job at somewhere in the medical center.( hopefully)

So what do you guys think I should do? Did any of you guys move out of state for college?why?.......Did you stqay in state for college ?why?

Please help me I need advice? any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also If it affects anything....I am home schooled and I have been since 8th grade. I am in the 10th grade now.Should I go to college out of state? or in state?
Stay in state the tuition will be cheaper. You are wanting to be a nurse, make sure the school you choose is acreditted so you can continue your education, if you want a masters in Nursing or possibly go another route and become a nurse practitioner (spelling). Anyway save your money, Dallas is a good first move from Houston. Also the safety net of not being an 8-10 hour drive away may come in handy if you ever need something from the P's while away at school. Trust me if you have been home-schooled since age 13, just going to any college will get you all kinds of new friends and experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment