Thursday, February 23, 2012

Does anyone have a toy kitchen for their son?

We are thinking about christmas presents and have decided on a swing set, basketball hoop, and I was wondering if he would enjoy a toy kitchen. I was reading the reviews for one of them online and they mostly talked about daughters. It looks gender neutral and comes with a lot of play food. Looks cute.



Does anyone have a play kitchen for their son, and do they enjoy it?



Any ideas on other gifts a toddler boy might enjoy?



Thanks!Does anyone have a toy kitchen for their son?
I actually sale play kitchens online and you would be amazed at how many people buy play kitchens for their sons exclusively or for their daughter and son. Play kitchens are great for fostering creativity and the imagination. There are some great gender friendly kitchens out there. My favorite is one by KidKraft called the Cook Together Kitchen. Here's a link to it if your are interested.



http://www.playkitchensemporium.com/prod鈥?/a>
Yes my nephew has one and he loves it

all those will be perfectDoes anyone have a toy kitchen for their son?
Yup. We got our son a toy kitchen for his birthday this year. He was a year (and already walking and playing and getting into cabinets!). He loves his kitchen, he is always in it doing something with the food, the pots and pans, or pretending to make me food. My daughter never had any interest in the kitchen, so we never got her a toy kitchen. But my son used to walk right into the kitchen and play with the pots and pans, the food in the pantry, and the dishwasher. We got a solid wood, neutral kitchen and put it in his room. He adores it. We will likely move it into the main area when our second son is a bit bigger, so he can enjoy it too. I don't find kitchens to be girly at all. Although my kids are not into the gender thing. My daughter loves dinosaurs and Scooby Doo. My son loves kitchen stuff and stuffed animals of all kinds.
Actually my son's Gram wanted to buy him a toy kitchen for Christmas. And I would have said yes but my son is only 7 1/2 months old.



We need to get rid of some of his other toys to be able to fit a toy kitchen in his play area and by the time he is REALLY playing with a toy kitchen it would be a year from now. So it would have been wasted space and money.



7 1/2 months old is far too young for a toy kitchen.



But when he is a toddler, yes... I will buy him a toy kitchen. My husband enjoyed his as child, so did my BIL.Does anyone have a toy kitchen for their son?
yes my son loves it he is 2yrs old and he loves it he trys to make cakes for me but its plastic lol and great gifts are dvds like dora or elmo maybe a cute lil stuffed animal or like my son,a trycycle that is really great he rides on it all day and i hope you have a marry christmas :)
Congratulations on choosing things for him to use instead of ones that entertain him, but it's already too much. Kids who get too much became greedy, selfish and unhappy. (My Super Sweet Sixteen, Bridezillas, Kardashians, Paris, etc.)



The kitchen is a good idea, but he'll have a birthday. Of course, you could do the kitchen now and save the swing set for a warmer time or make it as a family gift. A family swing set makes it easier to share when friends come over and if there's ever another child.



Why not wait on the basketball hoop (and then an in-the-house ones) until he's 6 or so? It'll be more fun when his hand-eye coordination is better. Too soon is frustrating and can be a lifetime turn-off. Building blocks, an unusual stuffed animal from a documentary or museum visit, Discovery Toys has sturdy items with lots of uses, which makes them good investments, a book or two with interesting stories or funny sounds, aCD of funny songs.
My son loves to play with toy kitchens!
My son is only 4 months old so he doesn't have one, but my nephew has one. He doesn't really play with it much cos he's older (he got it when he was 2 or 3, he's now 5) but when he did play with it he loved it. I want to get one of those big play kitchens that all three of my kids can use (obviously my son will have to wait cos he's very young). By the way, if my son wanted a doll I'd buy him one too, same as if my daughters wanted trucks or cars.
  • applebees
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment