Sunday, February 26, 2012

Does your dog have a special toy that it loves more than the others?

My 7 month old Dachshund does. It is a stuffed animal duck. She sometimes bites it and it looks like she is tryng to nurse on it. She sometimes even whines while doing this. It's so pitiful but I don't know why. I got her when she was exactly 2 monthes old (9 weeks).

She didn't start doing this until she was 5 monthes old.

What do you think? Is this normal?Does your dog have a special toy that it loves more than the others?
my dog has a duck too, but instead of squeeking like a regular toy it quacks. she loves it and I think its her favorite but she doesn't really treat it that much differently than her other toys other than wanting to play with it more. My dog seems to like whichever toy is newest the best i think. I think maybe you should give your dog a new toy and see if she gives up the duck and likes the new toy better. I'm not quite sure if her wining while chewing on it is normal, but I'm sure its not indicating a bigger problem, its just weird lol.
Its normal! My dog does that, shes a standard black schnauzer and 3 years old. She has so many stuffed animals (she stole them from me, but i let her have them because i dont use them ha) that she carries in her mouth like they are her babies. But her favorite toy is this little puppy, and when you squeeze it it barks then pants then barks! She squeezes that thing like there is no tomorrow! But when i tell her to get her puppy, she goes and gets it! She is very smart and funny, she entertains the whole family! We had an ice day (rare for texas! :D) and i went outside with her and she just about slid right into the pool! haha





Please pick me for best answer.

-KaylaDoes your dog have a special toy that it loves more than the others?
My dog has favorites, too. She has a lot of toys, but I only have 3 out for her at any given time. As they get "used" and traded for others, I put the "used" toys in a laundry basket, and when it has enough for a washer load I toss them all in, so every time I trade toys the "new" ones are clean. Clara is not destructive, but toys do take a lot of abuse, and they can be expensive, so I keep stitching them back together!
Yes, it's perfectly normal.



My dog loves a ball on a rope that we have, whenever she wants to play, she'll always grab it and place it on someones leg/foot.Does your dog have a special toy that it loves more than the others?
yes it is normal she will grow out of it.. its probably from tasting her own saliva ..

i had a poodle dachshund mixed..she had a toy bird similar to your duck that she carried ever where for a couple of years
Yeah it's normal. My cocker spaniel does. He love to chew stuffed animals. I bought him a puppet and he loves it! Dogs love and need to chew to make their teeth stronger.
I think its normal. My dogs have favorite toys.



My female's favorite toy is a frisbee and my male loves his stuffed gingerbread man.
Yep quite normal regardless of breed, my dog loves her ball in fact she is obsessed with it! She plays with other toys to but the ball is definitely her favorite!
Yeah. My dog keeps ripping apart a stuffed penguin that I got from the carnival. I think its normal.
It's normal
haha ya my dog does the same thing he has a big dog thats bigger than him haha

No comments:

Post a Comment